Time management and productivity are vital skills for junior solicitors to develop – for a number of reasons:
1.Law is a deadline-driven and often high-pressure profession. This requires good personal prioritisation and work management skills to succeed.
2.Poor management of high workloads and the state of being ‘too busy’ has been identified by insurers Lexon Insurance as being a major driver of negligence claims.
3.Failure to confidently manage workloads can lead to either stress or poor work-life balance.
4.Law practices mostly make money by charging for your time. If you can’t capture your time, they can’t make money out of you.
5.Most law firms assess and evaluate your performance by your ability to meet set billable hour targets (e.g. 6.5 hours a day).
Developing good time management and productivity skills is therefore not only important for your practice, in terms of meeting revenue and profitability targets, it is also important for you personally in terms of career advancement, personal wellbeing and work-life balance. Developing time management and productivity skills is about working smarter, not harder. You don’t want to be working late every night in order to get the work done and meet your billable hour targets: you want to do a good job but then get on with the rest of your life.
This course equips you with the skills you need to control and capture your time effectively.
90 Mins / 1.5 CPD point (including a core point in either professional skills or practice management / business skills)
- Director of Giles Watson Pty Ltd
- Principal Consultant at CX Training
- Lectures on costs communication at QUT
- Managed the Queensland Law Society’s Practice Management Course: writing study guides, designing, developing and delivering sessions
- Managed and promoted Lexcel, the Law Society of England & Wales’ legal practice management quality mark
- Was a business development manager for 3 London law firms
- Has a Masters in Marketing, an MBA, a BA in Politics, and a Cert IV in Training and Assessment. Accredited in Hogan Assessments
For more information on the course, or to discuss volume pricing or other payment methods, please contact
Giles Watson email@example.com / 0404 266174